Baked chicken and butternut risotto - Chardonnay
- 10 ml 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 1 1 Clove Garlic, crushed
- 0.5 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2cm (¾in) cubes
- g 400 g (14oz) Risotto Rice
- 1 1 3/4 Pint Hot Chicken Stock
- 75 g (3oz) Parmesan Cheese, grated
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan) mark 4. Heat half the oil in a large, ovenproof casserole. Fry the small sage leaves for 1min until crisp, remove and set aside.
Add the remaining oil, chopped sage, onion and chicken and season well. Cook for 5-8min until onions are cooked and the chicken is lightly golden.
Add the garlic, butternut squash and rice, stirring for 1min. Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid and bake in the oven for 25-30min until the rice is tender and most of the stock has been absorbed. Stir in the Parmesan and top with the fried sage leaves to serve.